Re: A new kind of ball

parasti wrote:

I don't understand what problem are you trying to solve by suggesting to generate the thumbnails. I said the problem I have is they are static. Generating them clearly does not solve that problem. So what else are you trying to address that I missed?

Ah, I thought you were having concerns with being dependent upon static images for resolution reasons (I was assuming we'd always supplement whatever we had with a preview). Pictures of a ball + preview seems nicer than icon of a ball + preview to me.

parasti wrote:

BTW, is it really necessary to quote every sentence separately?

Yeah, it is. I'm too used to people missing whatever point I'm trying to make, so the extra context is worth it. Sorry that you find it annoying.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

I don't find it annoying Cheese. You keep it up. Your posts are very easy to follow when formatted that way.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Hi Macmeister...

In case you didn't see it, I sent you a PM. wink

Regards...

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all!

Cheeseness wrote:

A work-in-progress.

Finally got some time to revisit/redo this one. Managed to make things a bit crisper and less awful ^_^

Post's attachments

screen00127.png 793.08 kb, 37 downloads since 2014-04-13 

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Haha, looks great Cheeseness.
Here's another one for kicks, just a simple skinned 'moon-ball'

Post's attachments

moon-ball.zip 91.09 kb, 86 downloads since 2014-04-13 

haha, the CheeseMobile lives again!

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Here's a random non-ball I made to amuse myself as I, inspired by tones and Cheese's amazing efforts, attempt to familiarize myself with 3D modelling once again.

Post's attachments

rings.zip 76.32 kb, 108 downloads since 2014-04-16 

That looks great. Only comment I could make is that you could afford to go higher res with the outer ring.

It's got a really nice sense of dynamism to it, and winds up in interesting configurations during play.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Cool!

Cheeseness wrote:
Cheeseness wrote:

A work-in-progress.

Finally got some time to revisit/redo this one. Managed to make things a bit crisper and less awful ^_^

I finished this one up yesterday. There's a PR up on GitHub (feedback is welcome).

Here's a .zip that should be usable.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

The rings one is pretty impressive

Hi everyone, I know we've gathered here from all over, and I'm here to give a speech.
Well, I'm just going to come right out; I have no idea what's going on here. At all.