Topic: XBox Neverball? OpenXDK
18th May 2005 - Release 0.07
OpenXDK 0.07 has just been released! There are a number of key improvements in this release:
* The xecuter issue has been resolved. OpenXDK should now execute using this and any other BIOS/dashboards.
* The USB input layer has been completely reimplemented and now should support 1.0 - 1.6 XBOXs.
* New library support: freetype (ttf fonts), jpeg, libpng, zlib
* SDL support: SDL_ttf, SDL_image, SDL_mixer (in progress)
* Keyboard, mouse, usb, and controller support
* debugPrint now contains scrolling
* Multiple video modes (640x480, 720x480, PAL/NTSC)
* Flicker filter and soften functionality
* Numerous little bug fixes
Oh Wow! Assuming the 'Devil's Machine' can do OpenGL without much fuss (and I assume it does), it looks like there is a possibility of a homebrew Neverball/Neverputt. Heck, if it were to work well enough, I implore those involved to make an OFFICIAL X-Box release, and use the proceeds to better the game (code bounties etc. ?). I'd buy 5 copies myself - AND I DON'T OWN AN X-BOX!!
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy